Monday, November 24, 2008

The Advent Conspiracy

So, as you all know (because I said so here in this blog), this time of year really, really drives me nuts. It's not that I don't love Christmas. I do love it. And I love Christmas because I love Jesus. Christmas is about His birth, and the fact that God came from Heaven to Earth to redeem us. What I don't like so much is how our society has turned Christmas into a holiday that is all about gifts, food, decorations, parties and, well, stuff.

This year, however, I think people are starting to get back to basics. Money is tight for lots of us, and in the context of the holiday season I think this a blessing. I won't get a Coach handbag this year, and I'm not going to get the new piano I want either. I'll admit that I am really bummed out about the piano -- but I also know that I'll get one when the time is right. It doesn't have to be for Christmas.

Anyway, back to the point of this post. Today, I heard about a very cool project called The Advent Conspiracy. The idea? Worship fully, spend less, give more, love all. Find out more in this video ...

No comments: