Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tag, you're it

So, in three years of off-and-on blogging I have never been tagged. This week, two friends (Erin and Jaime) decided to tag me. The theme is "seven random things about yourself." I'm going to alter it, just slightly.

Seven random Christmas-related things about myself ...

1. I have never seen It's A Wonderful Life in its entirety. Whenever I hear that little voice squawk the words "every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings," I want to throw a brick at the TV.

2. I love the song Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses. Is there even one girl out there who can't relate to the lyrics??

3. If you ever come to our house for Christmas dinner, don't expect to see turkey or ham on the table. The turkey is simply an act of rebellion against tradition (we really don't see what is so special about it). As for the ham, well, we don't eat pig -- ever.

4. Our great room is fairly small, and we have big furniture (our old house had more space, and we bought the furniture when we lived there). What does this have to with Christmas? Well, it means I don't have a lot of flexibility as far as where I put the tree.

5. Carl and I have been known to finish Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. The fact that we have no kids and small families makes this pretty simple.

6. Even though Payless (the drugstore) has been out of business for years and years, I still can't get that jingle out of my head. "Merry Christmas. From Payless. Merry Chriiiiistmaaas."

7. I cannot wait to see Four Christmases starring Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn (watch the trailer -- it looks hilarious). I'll be there on opening night if at all possible.

1 comment: